Since the outbreak of the coronavirus COVID-19, consulting firms, think tanks, institutions and industry bodies have published reports and studies on the impact of the virus to industries. By now, it is clear to all that COVID-19 is impacting entire industries, driving them to uncharted waters and directly disrupting their business plans and in cases affecting spending on IT and technology.
It is worth noting that the impact of the virus in one of the four dimensions, namely “Personnel”. Covid-19 has affected more or less all vertical industries, some severely and some with minor impact with High Tech and Communications affected significantly. At the same time, another report published by Deloitte in March 2020, “Understanding the sector impact of COVID-19. – Technology Sector”, also acknowledges COVID’s-19, its effect and its significant impact on all technology fields around the world. But it also reports a positive aspect, that is that the disruption has caused an acceleration of remote working.
- reach the team at all times
- have overall control over them with reduced operational costs.
- access qualified and experienced personnel with proven technological experience
- communicate with no language barriers (ease of communication)
- take advantage of minimal time zone difference
- enjoy enhanced customer experience
- take advantage of the cultural alignment